Power chains are an essential part of keeping braces in place. They provide extra stability and support, which is especially important during the early stages of treatment. This blog post will discuss the steps necessary to put power chains back on braces.
A step-by-step guide to putting power chains on braces
- First, gather the necessary supplies. You will need power chains, a wire cutter, and pliers.
- Cut the power chains to the appropriate length. Be sure to leave enough slack so that they can be easily attached to the braces.
- Use the wire cutter to trim any excess wire from the power chains. Be careful not to cut into the plastic coating.
- Using pliers, open up the loops at each end of the power chains.
- Attach the power chains to the braces, ensuring they are positioned correctly.
- Close the loops at each end of the power chains using pliers.
Are there any risks involved?
There are very few risks associated with putting power chains on braces. However, it is essential to be careful when using the wire cutter and pliers. Be sure to read the instructions carefully before beginning. If you have any questions, please consult your orthodontist.
When should I put the power chains on?
Your orthodontist will usually instruct you to put the power chains on at your next appointment. However, if you have any questions or concerns, please consult your orthodontist.
Putting power chains on braces is a relatively simple process. However, it is essential to be careful and follow the instructions provided by your orthodontist. If you have any questions, please consult your orthodontist.